CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Flash 55: Mill Tree Conspiracy


A branch caught the hem of her nightgown as she bolted from the woods. Leaves tore at her hair as she dipped too late beneath the Pine just beyond the Gum. One single root exposed from the Weeping Willow snapped her limbs at the edge of the water. Falling like timber landing between the twisted trunk of the Cypress she lumbers.

Friday Flash 55: Telling the story falling at exactly 55..Check it out at G-Man where you can join in or just plain sit a spell and read the others.

12 comments:

steveroni said...

I've joined in...also sitting a spell, reading the others. I fell down into that cypress stand, gotta get back UP and "leaf" this place--grin!

Monkey Man said...

Well done sticking with the whole forestry theme down to the final word. Niiice.My 55 is HERE .

Monkey Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

wow,
very skillfully done!
Thank you for sharing...

Brian Miller said...

nice play on words...fast paced action...and i am a sucker for the forest...great 55!


thanks for popping in!

G-Man said...

Termites and Smokey the Bear would love this...
And all lovers of Friday Flash 55's.
Excellent Job My friend.
Thank you for this fine contribution, thanks for visiting, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

joanna said...

A great 55er -- a good read I was doing a walk about with your words in my head -- powerful cypress stand forest imagery ,

Well done....

Joanny

Me said...

Well done! This is lovely...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my 55 as well. :)
-C

Stan Ski said...

They got her good!

Changnoi said...

All those trees, and all out to get her.

showme said...

To all who have come and left a comment so far..it's like throwing logs on a hearth of my creativity...shoot by next week I may be smokin..remember only you can prevent forest fires..last line inspired by G-Man himself..I didn't know a witty line to write about Orkin men..they kind of bug me...ya'll all have a mighty fine weekend...

Stafford Ray said...

Where have you gone??